Isaac Ashe's Sound Off
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of Isaac Ashe's Sound Advice.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Seth Glier To Open For Folk Icon Ani DiFranco

Go down 
AuthorMessage
klma

Seth Glier To Open For Folk Icon Ani DiFranco   Empty
PostSubject: Seth Glier To Open For Folk Icon Ani DiFranco    Seth Glier To Open For Folk Icon Ani DiFranco   Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 12:43 am

Singer-songwriter Seth Glier has just confirmed two opening slots with Ani DiFranco for Sunday, June 5th at The Tarrytown Music Hall in Tarrytown, NY and Tuesday, June 7th at The Oneonta Theatre in Oneonta, NY.

Glier is thrilled to be performing with Ani DiFranco, as he recalls, "I remember my father taking me to an Ani show when I was 12 years old. It's incredible to think what 10 years can do. I'm pinching myself."

Feminist folk icon, Ani DiFranco is a songwriter, vocalist and guitarist perpetually on the move. From the raw "folk punk" of her early albums through the jazz/funk grooves she created during her years touring with a five-piece band to the twists and turns of her current work as a solo artist, Ani's restless creativity continually leads her and her listeners into ever more exciting territory.

Where:
Tarrytown Music Hall | www.tarrytownmusichall.org
13 Main Street
Tarrytown, NY 10591 (877) 840-0457

When:
Sunday, June 5, 2011
Showtime: 8:00 PM
Opening for Ani DiFranco

Where:
The Oneonta Theatre | www.oneontatheatre.com
47 Chestnut Street
Oneonta, NY 13820
(607)643-4022

When:
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Showtime: 8:00 PM
Opening for Ani DiFranco
Buy Tickets Online

About Seth Glier:
"The greatest pop songwriting since Billy Joel." - Livingston Taylor

Seth Glier will grab you...if not with his powerful falsetto or his melodic prowess, then with what Performer Magazine calls his "intoxicating groove." The 22-year-old singer, pianist and guitarist – who abandoned studies at The Berklee College of Music after one year because he "decided I should be playing for people and not for grades" – aims straight for the gut & has quickly established himself on the national scene performing over 250 shows a year.

In 2010, Glier shared stages with such diverse artists as James Taylor, Mark Knopfler, The Verve Pipe, and Edwin McCain. He has appeared as a mainstage artist at the Falcon Ridge Folk Festival (NY) and the Kerrville Folk Festival (TX). USA Today recently compared Seth to Bruce Springsteen and Billy Joel and recommended his track "Lauralee" on their "Listen Up Playlist" (Feb 2011).

The only musical member of his family, Seth was raised on the music of Joni Mitchell, Martin Sexton and Randy Newman, but considers his brother to be his greatest influence. "My brother is autistic and non-verbal. I learned to communicate with words better once I realized how to communicate to someone without them." Maybe the term 'old soul' has meaning after all…
Back to top Go down

Seth Glier To Open For Folk Icon Ani DiFranco
Page 1 of 1