Isaac Ashe's Sound Off
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of Isaac Ashe's Sound Advice.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Get "Addicted" To Gina Sicilia

Go down 
AuthorMessage
klma

Get "Addicted" To Gina Sicilia Empty
PostSubject: Get "Addicted" To Gina Sicilia   Get "Addicted" To Gina Sicilia Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 12:59 pm

VizzTone Records and da Silva Artists are very proud to release GINA SICILIA's new CD, Can't Control Myself. Her 1st single "Addicted" is delivered with an attitude that’s part May West, part Bonnie Raitt, but with a distinctive touch that's all Gina Sicilia. She's a modern day, all-American girl with a bold and sassy edge. As a vocalist, she's fearless and uninhibited. As a songwriter, she's not afraid to be honest, a quality that's been growing her fan base with each record she makes.

Young Philadelphia songstress Gina Sicilia exploded onto the scene in 2007, as her debut CD, Allow Me to Confess, was met with acclaim by fans and critics alike. She was heralded as a distinctive new voice in the Blues, as well as an insightful songwriter and interpreter of neglected classics in the Rhythm & Blues canon. In 2008 she was nominated for "Best New Artist Debut" at the Blues Music Awards in Memphis, Tennessee, just as her sophomore release Hey Sugar proved her also to be a legitimate contender in the worlds of Classic Country and Americana.

With her new 2011 release, Can’t Control Myself, Gina broadens her stylistic palette, infusing even more Soul and Americana into her bedrock influences of Blues and R&B. This CD features seven new Gina Sicilia compositions, as well as three choice covers borrowed from Bobby Bland, Stevie Wonder, and Ike & Tina Turner. Gina's singing and songwriting continue to break new ground, showing remarkable depth, power, and seemingly unstoppable growth. Can't Control Myself was produced and engineered by Gina’s label mate, the insanely talented Dave Gross, who also played every instrumental track on the record except for trumpet, sax, and one lap-steel track.

Here's what early supporters are saying about Gina:

?"Sicilia delivers a vocal and lyrical performance that rates alongside the titans of early-1960s soul." -About.com
"Not since Susan Tedeschi has a young female blues singer made such a strong impression...remarkable voice"
Blues Revue Magazine

"Gina Sicilia may be the best blues singer on the music scene today"
-JazzReview

"Gina Sicilia's voice posessess such depth and breadth that she may indeed one day be mentioned alongside the giants in the blues idiom."
-Music City Blues

"...Dramatically different from any of her peers. Her voice is robust and earthy...Gina Sicilia has star potential."
-Blues Wax

Now 26 years old, the genre-defying Gina Sicilia continues to smash pigeonholes into kindling and redefine the boundaries of soulful music. "Can't Control Myself" debuted at #11 on the International Living Blues Radio Chart, and is currently being added to Americana and AAA stations across the country. Gina will be touring all summer in support of her release. She's performing across the US and Canada playing clubs and festivals. Highlights include Carolina Blues Festival, Waterfront Blues Festival, North Atlantic Blues Festival, Chenago Blues Festival and B-Town Blues Festival. Please check her website for tour dates.

For more information on Gina Sicilia:
http://daSilvaArtists.com/talent/GinaSicilia
http://GinaSicilia.com
http://www.vizztone.com/artists/gina-sicilia/
Back to top Go down

Get "Addicted" To Gina Sicilia
Page 1 of 1