Isaac Ashe's Sound Off
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of Isaac Ashe's Sound Advice.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Paul Cardall Celebrates The Life Of Jason Ritchie

Go down 
AuthorMessage
klma

Paul Cardall Celebrates The Life Of Jason Ritchie Empty
PostSubject: Paul Cardall Celebrates The Life Of Jason Ritchie   Paul Cardall Celebrates The Life Of Jason Ritchie Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 11:55 am

The Ritchie Hockey Foundation (RHF) celebrates the success and life of Paul Cardall, a #1 Billboard Chart artist and the life of Jason Ritchie, whose legacy is permanently instilled in Winchendon, Massachusetts at the newly named Jason Ritchie Ice Arena.

On February 26, 2011, chart-topping musician Paul Cardall, whose #1 album is so aptly named New Life, traveled from Utah to Winchendon, MA, joining guests from all over the country to participate in a weekend of activities honoring the life of Jason Ritchie, a graduate of The Winchendon School.

Jason lost his life in a 2009 auto accident and his family, Bob, Donna, and Jon Ritchie, has continued Jason's love of hockey, gregarious personality and interest in hockey training by forming the Jason Ritchie Hockey Foundation. Jason's zest for life is instructive to all who loved him.

In preparing for this dedication, Bob Ritchie came across the powerful story of Paul in both his music and book, Before My Heart Stops, which depicts the challenges that Paul overcame due to congenital heart problems. Paul wrote about his remarkable journey, and how waiting for, and, receiving a heart encouraged Paul to follow a path that would provide energy and hope to people in similar life changing events.

Mr. Ritchie immediately saw many life parallels and thought Paul would be an integral and inspirational part of this dedication. "In reading about Paul's incredible courage and his faith as he waited for the new heart that would both give him life and permit him to impact so meaningfully the lives of others, I found an awesome man that would have moved my son, Jason, and a life journey which is destined to bring hope to others facing adversity".

Mr. Cardall shared his gift of inspiration through his poetic music and his moving story of his life, including the loss of his own brother several years ago.

Jason felt "life is energy" and that is very evident in Paul's walk. Paul's successful battle to overcome heart problems is a living demonstration that life is, indeed, energy. Against huge odds, Paul not only survived but also makes every moment of his life count.

"The long journey, one that began in my infancy, placed me directly in front of God, learning the importance of humility, dependency and faith. I confronted issues that many place on hold until later in their lives as I was not promised a long life", Mr. Cardall commented in his moving presentation.

In talking with Bob Ritchie and understanding Jason's impact made in a short twenty two years, Paul Cardall was moved by the story and passion of Jason's life. Paul further illustrated that "a life is never to be measured in years but in the impact one has made. The decision to be a part of this was an easy one for me. So, I traveled from Utah to Massachusetts to say thanks to Jason Ritchie who proved once again that life is indeed energy".

Paul Cardall's motivational remarks and his ever more popular recordings have set high standards in New Age music and resulted in his current position as #1 on the Billboard Charts. His passion and music are impacting lives worldwide.

It is not without symbolism and synergy that last week Jason Ritchie was honored for his zest for life by the naming of the Jason Ritchie '05 Ice Arena and Paul Cardall was honored a week later for his own zest for life by debuting his New Life album as #1 on the Billboard Charts.

The Ritchie Hockey Foundation congratulates Paul Cardall, The Winchendon School, and the Jason Ritchie '05 Hockey Arena on keeping the spirit of "Life is Energy" as a testament to the power of all us impacting the lives of others. The journey is the key.
ABOUT RHF: The Ritchie Hockey Scholarship Foundation http://www.ritchiehockeyfoundation.org/ was established by the Ritchie family to provide resources and mentoring to deserving youth who share in Jason's drive and dedication. Funded exclusively by individual and corporate donations as well as grant funding from other services, the Foundation focuses on helping children realize their dreams by providing them the tools needed to succeed. htp://www.ritchiehockeyfoundation.org/howtogive
Back to top Go down

Paul Cardall Celebrates The Life Of Jason Ritchie
Page 1 of 1