Isaac Ashe's Sound Off
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of Isaac Ashe's Sound Advice.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Global Bass Music Pioneer Dub Gabriel Completes Latest Album & Launches Kickstarter Campaign To Fund Release

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dengelmusic

Global Bass Music Pioneer Dub Gabriel Completes Latest Album & Launches Kickstarter Campaign To Fund Release Empty
PostSubject: Global Bass Music Pioneer Dub Gabriel Completes Latest Album & Launches Kickstarter Campaign To Fund Release   Global Bass Music Pioneer Dub Gabriel Completes Latest Album & Launches Kickstarter Campaign To Fund Release Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 9:16 pm

Noted Electronic Music Producer, Dub Gabriel, Completes Production On His Latest Studio Album And Launches Crowdfunding Campaign To Finance Its Release.

San Francisco - October 16th, 2012 - Global Bass Music pioneer, Dub Gabriel has finalized production on his 4th studio album and has just launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund the remaining elements needed for it's International release in 2013.

About The Album:

Three years in the making and spanning multiple continents, Dub Gabriel combined his driving signature beats with live strings, guitars and synths, which were then mixed and dubbed through an arsenal of vintage analog gear to create the bass-driven foundation for some of the most respected figures in reggae and electronic music to step up to the plate: U-Roy, Warrior Queen, The Spaceape (Kode9/Burial), Brother Culture (On-U/Mungo's Hi Fi), Jahdan Blakkamoore (Major Lazer), Dr. Israel, MC Zulu, Juakali, PJ Higgins (Temple of Sound), David J (Bauhaus/Love & Rockets), Pedro Erazo (Gogol Bordelo), and Mark Pistel (Hercules & Love Affair) - they all blaze with a burning fire to create the cross-cultural juggernaut that is "Raggabass Resistance"!

Dub Gabriel On The New Album:

"With the new album I feel I have finally achieved the future-organic sound that I have been striving for my whole life. In an age where music has become disposable, I set out to create an album that will hopefully stand the test of time and still feel relevant for years to come - just like the classic albums I fell in love with as a youth. When I listen to albums like Burning Spear's "Marcus Garvey" or Bunny Wailer's "Black Heart Man", these are albums you play from beginning to end, flowing effortlessly from one great song to next only to be interrupted by a quick flip of the vinyl. It is records like these, records that embody the ideals, the struggles and the enlightenments of musicians speaking their truths that inspired me to set out and make the most dedicated reggae album of my career. I wanted to honor what I fell in love with when I first discovered this music but to call this a traditional reggae album would be a far stretch - I am fully at the controls and I give it my own voice to push it into the future to create a sound that I like to call RAGGABASS!"

About Crowdfunding and Dub Gabriel's Kickstarter Campaign:

The rise of crowdfunding, as evidenced by the success of platforms like Kickstarter, has created a viable alternative for independently minded creators to raise the necessary finances to produce, manufacture and market their projects. Bypassing the traditional gatekeepers, crowdfunding empowers artists to connect directly with their fans and ultimately manifest their creative vision free of the influence of record labels and distributors. In the case of Dub Gabriel, he self-funded the production of the music but is now asking fans to support his fundraising campaign to create the artwork, master the album for both digital and vinyl release, manufacture the vinyl and, to hire a publicist for it's commercial release. Fans who donate to the campaign can choose from a range of unique rewards packages that include obtaining the release digitally in hi resolution formats in advance of the general public, limited edition vinyl, exclusive T-shirts, live performances and, a series of rewards geared to other artists and producers that include royalty-free loop packs created by Dub Gabriel, remix services and Skype master classes in electronic music production. Scheduled to run until Tuesday Nov 13 at 7:07pm EST, more information on Dub Gabriel's Kickstarter campaign for "Raggabass Resistance" can be found on kickstarter's website.

About Dub Gabriel:

Bass music pioneer Dub Gabriel has been pushing the low-end spectrum since his start at NYC's legendary Limelight Club in the 90's. Since then he has immersed himself in the studio process, creating 3 critically acclaimed albums and a recent string of heavy-hitting singles featuring (amongst others) U-Roy, Michael Stipe (REM), MC Zulu, Yo! Majesty, Jahdan Blakkamoore and 77Klash (both known for their work w/ Major Lazer). His unique take on Global Bass Music has led to many commissioned remixes, including some recent standouts for Maga Bo, Balkan Beat Box and Dubblestandart feat. Lee Scratch Perry and David Lynch. Under the guise of Jajouka Soundsystem, he recently worked with Bachir Attar (of the Master Musicians of Jajouka) and David J (Bauhaus/Love & Rockets) - their critically acclaimed first track, 'Salahadeen' is featured on the genre-bending Generation Bass "Transnational Dubstep" compilation on Six Degrees Records.

When not in the studio, Dub Gabriel travels the globe with his APC40 busting down the barriers between DJ'ing and live electronic performance. His trailblazing style has created much demand on the international club and festival circuits, with highlights being his headlining set at Germany's legendary Fusion Festival, 2 tours of China, Canada's Shambhala Music Festival and, a ongoing series of high-intensity club shows that include slamming sets at ICON Berlin, Hamburg's Golden Pudel and regular guest spots at Francois K's "Deep Space" night at Cielo in NYC!

PRESS QUOTES:

"Bridging the Roots to Dubstep & into the future, Check it!" - International DJ (U.K.).

"The cross-cultural fusion is a philosophical masterpiece" - XLR8R.

"New York-based producer, Dub Gabriel, supplies the bigness and relentlessness you need for a modern dub fix" - LA Weekly.
Back to top Go down

Global Bass Music Pioneer Dub Gabriel Completes Latest Album & Launches Kickstarter Campaign To Fund Release
Page 1 of 1