Isaac Ashe's Sound Off
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of Isaac Ashe's Sound Advice.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Singer/Songwriter Jordan Corey Releases Do Me Wrong EP

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Artlaurent88

Singer/Songwriter Jordan Corey Releases Do Me Wrong EP Empty
PostSubject: Singer/Songwriter Jordan Corey Releases Do Me Wrong EP   Singer/Songwriter Jordan Corey Releases Do Me Wrong EP Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:44 pm

Do Me Wrong - the sophomore EP from enigmatic singer/songwriter Jordan Corey - will be released digitally on March 5th. Produced and recorded by Jason Hollis (Pink Spiders) and Dan Dixon (Dropsonic) and mixed/mastered by Matt Hyde (No Doubt) the highly anticipated release from the Northern California native offers music fans five original tracks as well as a soulful reinvention of the Rolling Stones classic, “Miss You.” Corey’s latest release brews up a powerful sonic blend that can best be described as a Stax Records sound with an Indie twist.

Do Me Wrong was recorded in Los Angeles at Sonora Recorders utilizing vintage gear to create a distinctly handmade, analog sound. The EP also features world-class musicians including saxophonist Lon Price (Rolling Stones/Patti LaBelle) and trumpet player Brian Schwartz (Michael Bublé). Do Me Wrong offers up a sound that is both classic and entirely fresh.

On Corey’s first single, “Tonight,” her style instantly emerges with the white-hot energy of an early Spector record. Gritty horns and lush string arrangements give tracks like “Do Me Wrong” and “Heart of Stone” an unexpected, sophisticated twist. “Good Love” is a funky stomp fueled by a powerful, 60’s-inspired brass section punctuated by handclaps and Motown-style background vocals -- while “Take it Back” is a groove-injected rocker. Corey’s rework of the Rolling Stones’ “Miss You” morphs the legendary track from a raunchy catcall into a soulful song imbued with longing.

For additional information please visit: www.jordancorey.com and follow Jordan Corey on Twitter at @jordan_corey
Back to top Go down

Singer/Songwriter Jordan Corey Releases Do Me Wrong EP
Page 1 of 1