Isaac Ashe's Sound Off
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of Isaac Ashe's Sound Advice.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Virtuoso Jazz Bassist John Patitucci Debuts Interactive Online Bass School

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Artlaurent88

Virtuoso Jazz Bassist John Patitucci Debuts Interactive Online Bass School Empty
PostSubject: Virtuoso Jazz Bassist John Patitucci Debuts Interactive Online Bass School   Virtuoso Jazz Bassist John Patitucci Debuts Interactive Online Bass School Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:04 am

ArtistWorks, the first collaborative, global learning community comprised of master musicians and ambitious amateurs, announces the June 29th launch of the online, interactive Bass Super School featuring the Rock & Pop Bass School with GRAMMY™ award-winning Rock/Pop/R&B bassist Nathan East (Eric Clapton/Stevie Wonder/Fourplay), the Jazz Bass School from GRAMMY™ award-winning Jazz bassist John Patitucci (Chick Corea/Herbie Hancock/Sting) and the Bluegrass Bass School from 7-time International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA) award-winner, Missy Raines. The new ArtistWorks Bass Campus offers the everyday bass player unprecedented access to a “triple threat” of the world’s top bass players in three distinctly different musical genres and playing styles.

The Bass Campus utilizes ArtistWorks’ revolutionary Video Exchange™ Accelerated Learning Platform which enables members to film streaming video lessons at their own pace and then submit practice videos directly to their teaching artist for their feedback. Each submission is reviewed and responded to by the artist via video providing instruction on how the student can improve. These “Video Exchanges” are made available to the entire online community, creating a virtual classroom with an ever-evolving curriculum.

Nathan East is one of the most recorded contemporary bassists of all time, and has received a range of awards including: The British Academy of Songwriters, Composers & Authors most prestigious Ivor Novello Award; Most Valuable Player (bass category) at the International Rock Awards; three time Bassist of the Year at the U.S. National Smooth Jazz Awards; National Recording Arts and Sciences (NARAS) MVP; as well as ASCAP Awards for most performed work. In 2007, Nathan was honored awarded a Congressional Record for his contribution to the worldwide music community.

“It’s exciting to me to know that I will be interacting with students personally,” says East. “When you record a DVD – it’s done. Now I will get to respond to students’ playing and be directly engaged in watching their progress.”

John Patitucci is one of the world’s most respected musicians and educators. He has toured with some of music’s biggest names, and has served as Artistic Director of New York City’s Bass Collective, and is involved with The Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz and the Betty Carter Jazz Ahead program. He currently teaches at the Berklee College of Music and his awards include: NARAS MVP (bass); two GRAMMY™ awards; Best Jazz Bassist in Guitar Player Magazine's Readers' Poll and Best Jazz Bassist in Bass Player Magazine's Readers' Poll and his debut solo recording, John Patitucci was number one on the Billboard Jazz chart.

“I enjoy teaching and sharing my passion for music with my students – but I am always limited to the amount of students who can come to me,” says Patitucci. “My online bass school will me to teach students all over the world, without them ever having to leave home.”

In addition to being one of the most awarded instrumentalists in her field, Missy Raines is the only woman to win more than one instrumental award from the prestigious IBMA. She has toured internationally with Jim Hurst and The Claire Lynch band and formed Missy Raines and the New Hip to explore fusions of Jazz, Bluegrass, Pop and Funk styles of bass and their debut record Inside Out was released in 2009 on Compass Records.

“The additions of both Nathan East and Jon Patitucci absolutely establish the ArtistWorks Bass Academy faculty as one of the most diverse and inspiring in the world,” says Raines. “I cannot imagine being in better company.”

Nathan East’s School of Rock & Pop Bass, John Patitucci’s Jazz Bass School and Missy Raines’ Bluegrass Bass School are open to players of all ages and levels of proficiency. Subscription fees are reasonably priced at $90.00 for 3 months, $150.00 for 6 months and $240.00 for a 12-month subscription. For more information go to http://www.artistworksbass.com

Email: elizabethlang@rockarcadia.com

Founded in 2008 by former AOL executive David Butler, ArtistWorks, Inc. is a Napa California-based technology and music education company that provides a global online learning community of world-renowned artists and enthusiastic amateurs dedicated to unleashing the music that lies within all of us. Its Video Exchange Accelerated Learning Platform enables virtuoso musicians to "teach the world" by presenting their full method, technique or lesson list in HD video to subscribing students. Utilizing simple web cams, iPhones, iPads and more, students are able to submit videos for individualized video feedback and guidance - creating a two-way, online learning experience

ArtistWorks currently offers schools from such world-class, virtuoso artists as: Paul Gilbert (Rock guitar lessons), Andreas Oberg (Jazz guitar lessons), Martin Taylor(fingerstyle guitar lessons), Jason Vieaux (Classical guitar lessons), Howard Levy (harmonica lessons), DJ Qbert (DJ lessons), Christie Peery (piano lessons), Thomas Lang (Rock drum lessons), Billy Cobham (Jazz and Fusion drum lessons), Luis Conte (percussion lessons), as well as the ArtistWorks Academy of Bluegrass with Tony Trischka (banjo lessons), Missy Raines (double bass lessons), guitar player Bryan Sutton (flatpick guitar lessons), Andy Hall (dobro lessons), Mike Marshall (mandolin lessons), and Darol Anger (fiddle lessons).
Back to top Go down

Virtuoso Jazz Bassist John Patitucci Debuts Interactive Online Bass School
Page 1 of 1