Isaac Ashe's Sound Off
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of Isaac Ashe's Sound Advice.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RocketHub’s Takeoff Tuesday Heats Up In Brooklyn

Go down 
AuthorMessage
klma

RocketHub’s Takeoff Tuesday Heats Up In Brooklyn Empty
PostSubject: RocketHub’s Takeoff Tuesday Heats Up In Brooklyn   RocketHub’s Takeoff Tuesday Heats Up In Brooklyn Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 6:43 pm

Emily Zuzik - prolific singer/songwriter, rocker, and sought-after collaborator - who effortlessly shifts from acoustic folk to electronica and alternative rock, will be featured on Moby’s new album "Destroyed," which is set to release May 17, 2011. She will also speak and play her music at RocketHub's Takeoff Tuesday event on the same date.

Emily is participating in RocketHub's Takeoff Tuesday - a weekly music series designed to entertain and support musical artists through networking, workshops, and career enhancing showcases. She will talk about the Moby collaboration as well as other trends in the current music business landscape.

RocketHub's weekly musical event is held in the heart of Williamsburg, Brooklyn - at the prestigiously cool Spike Hill.

For more info on the show: http://www.spikehill.com/Events/Rockethub/tabid/98/Default.aspx

From Moby: "Emily’s vocals brought a unique dark and melodic texture to 'The Low Hum.' I’ve wanted to work with her ever since she auditioned for a rock project I started. She has remarkable talent and passion for all kinds of music. I’m excited to hear her new record."

Emily says of the collaboration, "He gave me a bunch of instrumental compositions and asked me to write to ones that struck me. His only request was to steer clear of strict narrative and make the lyrics more introspective and vague. We did a bunch of demos and one of our collaborations was 'The Low Hum.'"

The album called "Destroyed" will be released along with a photo book displaying a collection of photography Moby has shot over the years.

In addition to the Moby collaboration, Emily sang the theme song to the new NBC show "Love Bites," which is scheduled to debut on this June.

RocketHub
RocketHub is a launchpad and community for independent artists and entrepreneurs. RocketHub offers an innovative way to raise money (Crowdfunding) and tangible branded opportunities to take creative products and endeavors to next level (LaunchPad). RocketHub is a destination for emerging artists and entrepreneurs, and those who wish to discover and support innovative work. By connecting artists and entrepreneurs with fans and with powerfully cool brands, RocketHub is the foundation of the New Creative Economy.
http://www.RocketHub.com
Back to top Go down

RocketHub’s Takeoff Tuesday Heats Up In Brooklyn
Page 1 of 1