Isaac Ashe's Sound Off
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of Isaac Ashe's Sound Advice.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MusicDish "Secret Sounds Vol. 1" Playlist

Go down 
AuthorMessage
klma

MusicDish "Secret Sounds Vol. 1" Playlist Empty
PostSubject: MusicDish "Secret Sounds Vol. 1" Playlist   MusicDish "Secret Sounds Vol. 1" Playlist Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:04 pm

Mi2N regularly features incredible bands and talent, well before more mainstream outlets take notice. For over a decade, I've selfishly kept this well-known secret to myself, hoarding all this great music in an age of sharing... well, no more! I'm proud to announce the first edition of MusicDish Secret Sounds playlist, featuring music and bands you probably haven't heard of yet! There are no rules though to this playlist - no boundaries on genres, countries, status (signed/unsigned) - the only thing they share in common is that they struck my ear... and that they are sourced from Mi2N.

Want you music to be considered? Go to Mi2N to submit your music release announcement (the newer, the better) or look for our drop box on the homepage. Now on to the music...

Ranging in genres from rock, funk, punk, techno, even to a completely new genre called 'Beta Music', MusicDish Secret Sounds Vol. 1 will get any party started and will suit the needs of many people's particular styles of music. Show your Warface to Your favorite Enemies, so the zoobombs can drop the bombs, while the Sewing Circle rocks to the techno beats of Revolr, Scotty Boy, and Red, and former frontman once again becomes a frontman, while Jelixa makes her very own genre of music.

Highway A Go Go - ZOObombs
The ZOObombs with their song "Highway a Go Go" is a classical representation of Punk Rock as the backbone for this bands sound. This band very much could of toured with bands such as the Ramones, Iggy and the Stooges , if only they were alive during that era of music, the ZooBombs would of fit right in. They will be making stops at CMW and SXSW on their tour in support of their new album "La Vie En Jupon." A very raunchy approach is taken to capture the "moment" or energy of what this band is doing.

WARFACE - Revolr, Scotty boy and Red
DJ RED, Scotty B, and Revolvr are a true dynamic trio, raising the bar of the electronic music for generations to come. With the beautifully incorporated mix of the famous drill sergeants voice, with a heavy electronic beat that will blow up a girls skirt, evokes a passion of liveliness whenever this track is played. From the dance floor, to speakers from a computer, "I WANNA SEE YOUR WARFACE" does not disappoint!

Chemical Marketplace - Evan Russell Saffer
To all former Fixer fans, Evan Russell Saffer's (former frontman to Fixer) debut solo album Neon Gas chronicles the mind of the everyday maniac. From the opening Iron Maiden'esk introduction of: " Chemical Mark" Evan proves to fans, even after 2 years of staying out of the spot light that he is definitely still alive and willing to rock his heart out. The captivating lyrics and Evan's voice puts a word out to all rockers to put their fists in the air. Evan's Schizo/Rock Opera/Hobo Chic genre of music, appeared in the indie film Chance Encounter by director David Toth, the song was called: "Just One Day". It is obvious Evan's career will be taking off again with his national tour for 2011.

I Just Want You To Know - Your Favorite Enemies
Your Favorite Enemies unleashing their new song " I Just Want you to Know" capture the pure rock feeling one gets from going to a concert. The bands moral ambition to spread a social connection from their band to its fans, only adds to this songs intensity. Their music video also offers a deeper insight into this songs meaning, with its orange aura of flashing lights behind this driving rock song. Your favorite Enemies upcoming release date for their album is expected in the fall of 2011, and recent fan activity due to the bands willingness to promote free downloads can push this band to the top.

Lead Role - The Sewing Circle
The Sewing Circle's new song "Lead Role" is a deep rock/ pop song feel with very joyful fun melodies that will get stuck in your head. With a touch of the style of No Doubt with Gwen Steffani, The Sewing Circle puts a modern twist to make their songs fit today's demands on music. Wonderful work on the acoustic guitar is clearly established in the first few measures of the song, as well as the drums that push the song to the end. The lead singer draws deep to the audience with poetic lines, that have a polyrhythmic feel to the bass line that only adds to the character of the song.

Are You The One For Me (Extended Mix) - Jelixa
Jelixa is the fresh new female artist out of North Richland Hills, Texas, raising the bar in music releasing a new genre of music called "Beta Music". Basically this genre is a collaboration of pop, R&B, Techno, hip-hop, funk, etc. Jelixa chooses two or more of these genres and puts then together depending how she is feeling for the song she is singing. For her debut release in March 2011, the song " Are you the one for me" could give Lady Gaga a run for her money.

By Eric de Fontenay
http://www.musicdish.com

Playlist http://official.fm/playlists/55672
Back to top Go down

MusicDish "Secret Sounds Vol. 1" Playlist
Page 1 of 1